1. Come up with a concept or idea/get inspired.
2. Location scout and plan lighting/scenes/shots. Diagrams and sketches are good. Make sure you know exactly what you want to do and where.
4. Find people to do makeup/hair/styling (check online, or ask around). Good communication is key, and building good relationships is important. Make sure that everyone is on board with your concepts.
5. Find a model. Book one. Or four or five. Make sure you have their contact information, so you can ask why they haven’t showed up yet. Put him/her in contact with the team, so they can be prepared in terms of their individual parts (sizing, type of skin/hair).
6. A day or two before the shoot, send out a reminder to everyone, with all the details. Have all your paperwork in order (model releases, promises, invoices, whatever).
7. Show up early and coordinate. Everything should go smoothly because you planned out everything already. Yaaaaaay.